Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012: Better Late Than Never

I'm a little late, but here is my list of focus points for 2012. Focus is such a scary word for someone with my attention span. However distractible I may be, I'm not doing resolutions this year. I am simply holding myself accountable to the main areas that I wish to focus on as far as my own personal growth is concerned.

Since the next few weeks of life are maxed out with the launch day of City Hope Church quickly approaching, my focus points will all be given a hall pass until after February 12. I've never been one to set myself up for failure... except when I made that entire tray of sugar cookies yesterday when my and Malakai were the only ones at home. Did I mention I had not had lunch yet? It was disastrous. For the delicious cookies, and for me.

When I have more than a few minutes to write, I would like to go back to last year's resolution list and see how I did. I will pat myself on the back and say that there were several resolutions that I kicked butt on, at least for certain periods of time. I would like to write a nice reflective 2011 post, but first I have to have the time to reflect. For now, personal growth is much more of a priority than personal rear view mirror time.

So here is my 2012 list. (Give or take a few points that my easily distracted emotions might change from time to time.)



Be more passionately devoted to my Savior.

Be a loving, supportive, and tender wife.

Be a loving, patient and fun mom.

Be a loving, inspiring and life giving Pastor's wife to the people of City Hope Church.

Deepen friendships.

Maintain a well organized and tidy house. (always a focus because it's never organized enough for my OCD tendancies! MUST HAVE MORE CONTAINERS!!!!) 

Teach Malakai. Challenge him creatively. Get him ready for preschool. 

Get healthy... again.

Blog daily-ish.

Sew often. 

Grow musically. Strengthen my voice, as well as my piano playing and my knowledge of theory.

No more constant self condemnation. Focus on growth. Be thankful for the good. Conquer the bad. Dwell in peace. Smile.

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential."




No comments:

Post a Comment