Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clothes That Exist in my Head... and on Ebay


Me and ebay have a love/hate relationship. I like that on occasion I can find unique, well priced items on ebay. However, I absolutely dread having to sift through the thousands of 1995 inspired styles. I'm not talking about the cool, retro, "I love the 90's" style. I mean the mom jeans, pumpkin and snowman embroidered vests, and shoes that a hideous enough to make one cry.

I've been adding to my winter wardrobe the past few weeks. When I moved to Texas I also began an entire season pf purging. From the kitchen to the closets... and yes, I mean wardrobes. Winter in Houston was just not long enough to warrant any significant amount of warm clothes. A couple of hoodies, some cardigans and a coat would do just fine. 

So I have this problem that e-bay can sometimes be a solution for. I have a certain article of clothing in my head, I know exactly what it looks like and how it fits, but the problem is that it's only in my head. I design clothes in my head and start wanting pieces that don't even exist in stores. On occasions I can design and whip up my own creations to solve this problem but when it comes to sweaters and shoes... I'm at the mercy of e-bay and other various on-line retailers. Here's what's made it to my "watch" list as of lately. Some I will buy and some are simply there to inspire. (some retailers that I like are from Hong Kong or something and it would take 23 days for it to arrive... so pay attention to location of the seller if you ever go the ebay route!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment