This was an interesting week for me. It had ups and downs, complete with tears of brokenness and tears of joy. I am walking away from the past week feeling quite emotionally exhausted as I begin this new week, but at the same time, I feel a calming peace moving in and resting my heart and calming my mind. We made so many incredible memories this past weekend with trick or treating, a fall festival and Halloween Parade. We have had some amazing encounters with encouragement and some disappointing confrontations with discouragement. All in all we are leaving yet another week behind us that has been packed full of God's beautiful grace, and we are so thankful for this journey that He has allowed us to partake in.
Gifts 23- 40:
23. Fall colors
24. Peaceful afternoons
25. Days where not having an agenda is perfectly okay
26. Sleeping in
28. Emotional weeks that although tough to navigate through, cleanse the heart
29. The anticipation of the approaching holidays
30. Being friends, despite all of the odds.
31. Random encouraging texts
32. Seeing growth in myself
33. Seeing Kai's face light up the entire day of the Fall festival, from the kiddie parade, to the train we got to go on, inflatables, and the big Halloween Parade. He was more adorable than you could possibly imagine! It was almost too much to handle. I cried at least twice just because of how happy he was.
34. A front page article being written about City Hope Church
35. Unity in local churches. (In particular: a local Pastor wanting to come to a launch meeting and pray for our new church plant!)
36. God in me being greater than the rough spots in me.
37. Finding new local restaurants that have a great menu.
39. The kind of friends, that you know without a doubt will be there when (not if) you call.
40. This truth: "Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart."