Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Day Late: 1,000 Gifts

I'm a little late in jumping on the band wagon. I've wanted to read Ann Voskamp's book "A Thousand Gifts" for a while now, but have just not had the time or energy to devote to any book other than Bible based devotions. I am excited to finally start this book and also excited to join in with many other bloggers in the commitment to give thanks always and in everything by starting my own list of One Thousand Gifts. Daily events, happenings, revelations and encounters that all make me thankful, bring me joy and settle my ever-restless heart will be highlighted and celebrated through the magnificent lens and covering of God's never ending goodness.

I am a day late. Typically this will be a Monday routine.

1. This incredibly inspiring practice of begining a list of One Thousand Gifts

2. An encouraging phone call from a special mentor

3. How well behaved my 2 year old was in Walmart today

4. The journey God has me on and what I feel and know to be true in my heart

5. The beautiful fall weather the doesn't make me sweat, or make me wear a sweater.

6. God's faithful financial provision during this season of our life.

7. Renewed energy (spiritual and physical)

8. This recipe

9. Overcoming a personal struggle that I've dealt with for years

10. A toddler that loves to cuddle.

11. Finding an easy to make, and inexpensive Halloween Costume for little Kai

12. Having time to develop friendships in my life

13. My silver sparkly Tom's

14. Living somewhere where the trees turn colors for fall

15. The hole in the wall Greek Restaurant we discovered today - Authentic gyros.

16. A living room that stays clean for the entire day.

17. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. 

18. When Kai wants to watch something other than "Little Einsteins" or "Rocket" as he calls it

19. Restored health to our little family. Stomach bug, sniffles and ear infection free.

20. The "block this user" option on Facebook. (for the haters)

21. Church with Grandma this past Sunday. 

22. Finding myself content with simplicity after a life of being addicted to excess


No comments:

Post a Comment